Epigram Books is a Singaporean publisher established in 2011 as an imprint for exquisitely designed and thought-provoking books.
We are keen to read and publish new writing by Singaporean authors and authors writing about Singapore. We accept and evaluate full manuscripts all year round and invite you to submit your work here.
We strongly encourage you not to send a hard copy of your manuscript to us—a soft, electronic copy will suffice. While necessary care will be exercised, Epigram Books assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage of materials received (whether sent electronically or by mail). Please ensure that you have kept a copy for yourself as we practice a zero-return policy.
We will acknowledge receipt of all manuscripts. However, as we receive many manuscripts, please give our editors up to 6 months to revert to you regarding your manuscript. If you do not hear from us within 6 months, you may assume that we are not keen to publish your book.
To better present your manuscript, please refer to our Notes on Formatting and Punctuation before you submit your work. With the exception of nonfiction works, all manuscripts must be submitted in full.
If you are a Singaporean, Singaporean PR or Singapore-born author submitting for our annual EPIGRAM BOOKS FICTION PRIZE, the submissions procedures differ. Please read about the prize details here.
1. The work
- The submission must either be an original work written wholly by the author(s) or an original translation of a work translated wholly by the translator(s).
- The submission should have at least 40,000 words; entrants are encouraged to submit works that are 60,000 words or longer. There is no upper word limit.
- Submissions must be in the English language.
2. The manuscript
- All manuscripts should be prepared with 1-inch margins on all sides, double-lined spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font and page numbers. Set the page size to A4. Do not justify text, instead align text to the left.
- All manuscripts and their copies should come with a cover page. The cover page should include: working title synopsis (50-100 words) and word count. The author’s name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- Spelling should follow Oxford Dictionaries (accessible for free at via oxforddictionaries.com). Please use British spelling.
- Do not use the serial comma.
- Other matters of style are generally determined according to the latest edition of The Chicago Manual of Style. Any specific questions of style should be posed to Epigram Books at email@example.com.
3. Submission details
- The entrant(s) must fill out an entry form (please type; do not write by hand). The form, as well as the manuscript soft copy, a scan of each entrant’s documents in support of their citizenship and a recent photo of each entrant, must be uploaded to our Submittable form (link below).
- Four (4) hard copies of the manuscript are required for each submission. Submissions without hard copies will be considered ineligible. All hard copies must be bound (comb binding) and printed double-sided. Submit the hard copies of the manuscript with a signed print-out of the entry form by registered post or in person to:
Epigram Books Fiction Prize 2020
1008 Toa Payoh North #03-08
- We will not entertain other forms of submission.
- The organisers and judges shall not be held responsible for manuscripts or collaterals that have been lost or damaged in transit.
- Manuscripts and collaterals submitted for this competition will be retained by Epigram Books. Please keep the original for your own reference.
- Works can be submitted either by the entrant(s) or a chosen representative.
- Works should adhere to the style and formatting guidelines provided below.
- Epigram Books shall acknowledge each entry by email.